Arbiter instructions are posted under "Resource Center. Documents/Forms" tab.
New to Reffing? Start here :
We are always looking for new referees. You must be 12 years old in order to referee AND Adults are welcome. Referees must complete both the Grade 8 class and the GCYSL New Ref orientation.
- Grade 8 Referee Class - Our local class is held the first weekend in July.
Dates: July 7, 2018
Time: 9am - 6:30pm (you must attend the entire class)
Location: Mt. St. Marys Grass Valley, CA..
- To sign up for the class.
- Follow these instructions: 2018 GC Referee Course Sign up procedure (link)
- If you are interested in becoming a referee and our local class is over, you can search for classes throughout the year at CNRA 2018 Grade 8 Referee Courses (link)
If you complete your Grade 8 course out of area make sure to email Referee Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
- GCYSL New Referee orientation. After completing your Grade 8 license, all referees must attend a MANDATORY GCYSL new referee orientation. Dates will be in August.
Dates are (Aug 2018 TBD)
Training is held at (Aug 2018 TBD)
If you missed the GCYSL class then please email email@example.com about your interest.
If you have any questions about becoming a referee please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Referees must have a Grade 8 License.
Renewing your License
Returning Referees must renew their licenses every year. Follow these Renewal Instructions (link)
All Returning Referees - MANDATORY In Service Training
All returning referees are required to participate in an in-service training each year. There are two dates before the season and monthly meetings during the season offered but you only need to attend one.
PRE-SEASON IN SERVICE DATES (TBD) -
The purpose of these meetings is to:
- Explain any changes in the Laws for the upcoming season
- Address any issues from the previous season or upcoming issues for this season
- Provide an opportunity for you to ask questions, make suggestion or discuss any problems you’ve experienced
- Improve the overall level of officiating in our league
If anyone has any topics or issues that they would like covered at the meetings, email email@example.com
Other Documents and Guides
These links are in the process of being updated.... please be cautious about out of date links.
2017 USSF LAWS OF THE GAME
2017 GCYSL - LEAGUE PLAYING RULES
OFFSIDE LAW OF THE GAME EXPLAINED
2017 SEND OFF FORM - Nor Cal Premier
SAMPLE GAME CARD
- Referee Commitment
- Advice for New Referees
- Field Safety Checklist
- US Soccer Referee Resource Center - a good place to go for more info
Need Reffing Gear? Visit https://www.satorsoccer.com/ or scoresports.com