Coaches - 2019 Season
Player rosters, as well as Livescan fingerprinting, will be offered during these meetings.
Mandatory to attend at least one:
- July 30 – 6 pm – 8 pm @ Round Table Pizza, Sutton Way, Grass Valley
- August 1 – 6 pm – 8 pm @ Round Table Pizza, Combie Rd, Auburn
This is the second year that we will be using the Cal North rules of play this year. Note that there are some rule changes regarding handball, penalty kick, etc. We will go over the changes at the coaches meeting and Sean Valentine (Referee Coordinator) will be there for any questions. Also, we are in need of additional coaches due to our anticipation of increased enrollment. If you assisted last year and would like to step up to coaching please let me know. We will be having coaching clinics starting in the summer that would specialize in the age group that you would be coaching.
We will need for all coaches and assistants coaches to re-register online http://goldcountry.calnorthlive.com
Also, if you have someone interested in coaching this year, please forward this email or have them get in contact with me.
Coaching Clinic Dates - Attending at least 1 is required - even if you did it last year.
- June 3rd @ Grass Valley Charter School 5:30-7PM 4 v 4
- June 5th @ Grass Valley Charter School 5:30-7PM 7v7 - 11 v 11
- June 22 @ 9am – Mautino Field – 4v4 (hosted by United Soccer Coaches)
- July 10 @ 5:30-7 – GV Charter - 7v7 - 11v11
- August 12@ 5:30-6:30 – GV Charter – 4v4 (TBD depending on interest)
Ian Childs & Britt Penrose will be hosting this clinic. They are both great coaches with a wealth of soccer knowledge and Ian coaches the JV Men’s soccer team at Nevada Union.
League Zero Tolerance Policy
It is the desire of all the participating Leagues and Clubs within District VI (D6) for players, parents, coaches, referees and other spectators to be able to enjoy the sport of soccer in a safe and positive environment. Referees are a valuable part of our soccer program. Each coach, player, and spectator shall at all times support the Referee and assistant Referees. Negative or critical comments directed to any member of the Referee crew will not be tolerated.